Monday, August 21, 2006

Much to Cover

First of all, thanks for the continued prayer for my job process. My interview on Friday was awesome. I really enjoyed meeting the guy who I'd be assisting. Also, besides him, his current assistant (she's moving to CA at the beginning of Sept) introduced me to about 6-8 more people in the office. All of them were very friendly and seemed to enjoy working there. Big plus. I received a call today and have a second interview(!) on Thursday morning.

I had another job interview this morning (at different place) and it went very well too. I interviewed with two men and it lasted about an hour and a half. I was told that I was a "strong candidate" and that I had many of the qualifications that they are looking for in someone. So, I left feeling confident about it. My first choice is the job from Friday, however. It's the one that's a block from my house!

The weekend was jam packed with excitement. Although nothing was mentioned before now, my best friend (Priya) from high school was in town for the weekend. She arrived on her train Thursday evening and left this morning.

The weekend was so much fun! Thursday was our usual "take the out-of-towner to Bistro" night. Mal, Drew, Priya, and I grabbed some dinner and were served by another new server. We didn't catch her name, but she was much better than Kaylor! So, finally, the service was as impressive as the food since Cliff's departure.

Friday morning was my interview at CCCU. After the interview, Priya and I met Mal and Drew for lunch at La Luma, a Mexican restaurant near Mal's office. From there, Mal went to work and Drew left for Asheville. Priya and I went home and took naps. haha! We were exhausted by all of our fun already. After catching some shut-eye, Priya and I packed a picnic and went to Jazz in the Sculpture Garden. Once there, we met her friend Elizabeth (who lives here in DC) and Mallory. The atmosphere was relaxing and I enjoyed catching up as jazz drifted through the air. Priya made a comment about how everyone is "all business" during the day, but really knows how to kick back after work. It's true and is probably one of the reasons I enjoy it so much here.

After we ate dinner and shared some wine, we picked up our picnic (pick-nic?) and went to see Monty Python and the Search for the Holy Grail at Strathmore. It's the same deal as Screen on the Green, but in a different location and it features newer movies. So, we enjoyed more outdoor (and free) entertainment.

Saturday morning was spent sleeping in. What a great luxury! Mal, Priya, and I went shopping in Pentagon City, where there is a huge mall! Ahh!! Although shopping is not my favorite activity, we didn't stay too long, so it was tolerable. Plus, I found some cute shoes to go with the dress that I wore later that night!

After shopping, we quickly stopped by a party that we'd been invited to at our friend Jan's. We didn't stay long, however, because we set out to take advantage of restaurant week in DC. Last week, expensive restaurants all over the district featured a set price for gourmet lunches ($20.06) and dinners ($30.06) and allowed patrons to enjoy three courses of heavenly food. Mal was kind enough to book our reservations at Cafe Promenade.

It was there that we three ladies met our friends Dave and Chris for dinner. The food was excellent and savory! I enjoyed Maryland crabcake for my appetizer, petite filet mignon as my main course, and tiramisu for dessert. Yummy! Everything was cooked perfectly and everyone enjoyed what they ordered.

After dinner, we went back to Jan's party and made some more friends before (eventually) going to Adam's Morgan (a neighborhood in DC) to wrap up the evening with cocktails and conversation. We planned on going salsa dancing, but were unaware of a strict "no shorts" policy that deterred a member of our party from entering. So, instead we went somewhere else and sat for the evening. The way my feet were hurting from my new shoes the next day, it was probably a good thing that dancing wasn't in the cards!

On Sunday morning, I caught church on the internet via Calvary's live stream. Mal, Priya, and I finally made it out of the house after two. We saw Step Up, a new dance movie that is in theatres now. Great movie. I couldn't help but have flashbacks of my hip-hop Sunday with Drew last week. Although completely predictable, it featured many talented dancers and a catchy soundtrack.

After grabbing some groceries, we headed back to the house and fired up the grill. Shortly after, we had an impromptu party as Steve and his parents (who were in town for the day) joined us for dinner. My grilling skills left much to be desired compared to Drew's (or anyone, for that matter!), but the burgers and hotdogs cooked (slowly!) despite the low (invisible) flame that burned beneath them. haha! There was certainly no "overcooking" them!

The weekend went fast, despite the fact that I had Friday off from work. I'll keep you all posted about my job news. Keep the prayers up and fingers crossed! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank You!!!! I've been waiting for this blog...What will happen if you get a job that you have to spend your time doing work ....???

Meredith said...

haha! The postings would have to be done at night, for sure. They might be spread out a bit more if that's the case... ;)