Thursday, August 24, 2006

Waiting...

OK, both of my second interviews are behind me. My last one (at CCCU) was this morning and it lasted three hours! It was supposed to be only two, but it lasted well over the time estimate. I'm not complaining, however, I'd rather it go long than be too short.

I will hear back from CCCU by "close of business day tomorrow" and am expecting to hear something from the National Trust by next week. If I land the CCCU job, I will let National Trust know that I am withdrawing my application with them. So, at this point, I'm just patiently (read: internally wringing my hands and wondering if I'll revert back to nail-biting) waiting.

Last night's activity was fun and somewhat last minute. Steve invited Mal and me to see The Steve Miller Band in concert. It was at Wolf Trap Filene Center. It was an awesome venue because of its intimate size and structural make-up.

When we arrived, the place was packed. Attendees are allowed to bring in food and beverages, so there was quite a spread! People sat on blankets and there was a variety of food and drinks. I even spotted a small table, some shrimp cocktail, and some gourmet-looking dips in the crowd!

We (finally) found a spot with some visibility of the stage. It was on a hill (that felt like a mountain) and the view was mostly obstructed by wooden beams. However, we made the most of our location, enjoyed a fabulous picnic (of sandwiches, chips, grapes, Oreos, and sodas), and enjoyed a partially-obstructed view all evening.

The music was great, dancing was debatable, and company divine. Another fun evening in my new city!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tomorrow will be be a looonnnng day! I'll be praying for you -

Anonymous said...

i thought i posted a reply here already. was it THE steve miller band? did they play the joker? how much fun did you have??