Saturday, April 22, 2006

Eyes Wide Open, Always Hoping...

It's been a wonderful end to a beautiful Easter weekend.

Today was a great day. I slept in this morning, which was quite unsual for an Easter Sunday. Last night we celebrated the weekend's meaning by going to the service that our church offers. It was a great service, although it was a bit odd to not wake up and attend this morning.

After sleeping in, I lounged and caught up on some meaningless television. Aren't some mornings just made for that though? I flipped on the tv, caught the end of the horribly acted movie, The Bachelor, and then watched a show on dwarves. It wasn't exactly what I was planning on doing with my afternoon, but I didn't feel guilty as I blankly stared at the tube in front of me.

Later in the afternoon, Mom, Dad and I went for a drive. With no specific place in mind, we hopped in the car and headed west towards the mountains. It was a beautiful drive. The trees were vibrant with their sping green and the flowers competed with one another to boast of their colors. There were huge oak trees, breath taking overlooks, and the most perfect Easter breeze. The whole day was a promise and we gladly received it.

I received a call from my sister while we were driving on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

"I've rented the U-Haul for next weekend," she abruptly stated.

Offguard and blinking due to slight disbelief, I finally found my reply. "This weekend?" Wow, this is fast.

"Yeah. It's a good price. I couldn't believe it." My sister has bargain shopping in her blood. Neither could I. I'm gonna do it. I'm really going to D.C. And it's going to be soon.

It's true. Everything is lined up. I can't believe that it's happening. My notice is typed and ready to hand in tomorrow morning. The truck is rented- we'll get the confirmation number tomorrow. The day is set. Saturday we pull out and my stuff will be in D.C. (in my new bedroom) by the evening. A quick return and a week later I'll be giving hugs, crying tears, and getting in my car. North bound.

And it won't be for a visit.

It's a new chapter and I'm so excited.

Of course I have concerns (mainly being unemployed upon my arrival), but I trust that my job will fall into place. I've been wanting a career change and this is the fire I need. What a chance to make that change!

I've never jumped so far out of my comfort zone. It's truly exhilarating. I'm ready to fly.

10:32 PM - 1 Comments - 2 Kudos -

kristina marino
i am so proud of you, and so excited for you! how did turning in the 2-week notice go?
Posted by kristina marino on Thursday, April 20, 2006 at 4:58 PM

No comments: